EMC ECM for SharePoint
EMC has released two enterprise content management (ECM) solutions engineered to provide seamless integration between EMC Documentum software and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. EMC says the new SharePoint offerings provide a single source for integrated ECM capabilities that enable archiving, records management, business process management, imaging and classification.
EMC Documentum Archive Services for SharePoint software gives customers access to an enterprise infrastructure for centralized control of content that has been created and managed in SharePoint Server 2007. The other solution, Content Services for SharePoint, is a set of ASP.Net Web Parts, allowing access to the Documentum Content Server through the SharePoint Server 2007 interface.
Content Services for SharePoint software exposes key Documentum functionality in the SharePoint Server 2007 interface, including the ability to:
- search for content across the Documentum repository, and monitor and subscribe to critical documents;
- direct access to the Documentum Inbox, QuickFlows and the Business Process Management System; and
- manage document life cycles and support virtual documents.
With Archive Services for SharePoint, customers are able to:
- archive based on metadata or events;
- leverage shortcuts, which archive content to Documentum while leaving a link behind in SharePoint Server 2007;
- utilize mass transfer capabilities to move documents from SharePoint Server 2007 to Documentum; and
- transfer content from SharePoint Server 2007 to Documentum while retaining all rich document properties and metadata.