VirtualWorks adds Azure support
VirtualWorks will now support Azure by linking on-premises, private and public cloud information assets in a discovery platform. VirtualWorks says ViaWorks for Azure is a crossover platform for on-premises and the hybrid cloud, and is designed to bring new capabilities, insights and mobility to the enterprise.
The company says ViaWorks for Azure delivers new technologies to migrate and manage document discovery between private and public clouds in a controlled, quick, seamless and automated way. The list of document connectors is continuously growing and includes document sources such as Office 365, SharePoint, Exchange Server, Lotus Notes/Domino, Microsoft Dynamics, SuperOffice, Maconomy, OpenText, Alfresco, SAP, Autonomy, Documentum, Sitecore, EpiServer, Jira, Symantec Enterprise Vault and Siemens Teamcenter.
Key platform capabilities of ViaWorks for Azure include:
- easy to configure and operate;
- OCR engine automatically extracts text from image files such as e-mails from faxes and scanned documents;
- accessible from integrated functionality with Microsoft Office applications;
- document rules engine puts the enterprise in the driver’s seat for optimal results;
- security and access control based on Active Directory;
- security-enhanced mobile device access; and
- extensive APIs that can be used to create user experiences, integrating enterprise information sources to build time-saving tools or compelling dashboard visualizations of internal big data analytics.