Unveiling MarkLogic Server 4.2
MarkLogic has launched Version 4.2, which features the MarkLogic Information Studio—claimed to be the industry’s first extract, transform and load (ETL) tool for managing unstructured information— as well as new features for availability and recovery (including full database replication). MarkLogic 4.2 is available for download here.
MarkLogic calls Version 4.2 a new type of database that allows organization to fully exploit unstructured information such as documents, social media posts, e-mails, tweets, images, videos, blogs and research data. With Information Studio, customers can simply drag and drop files or point to a file directory to load into MarkLogic. When combined with other application services including Application Builder, Information Studio is said to deliver significant benefits in terms of accelerating development of new information applications while reducing the cost of operations of MarkLogic.
New features in MarkLogic 4.2 include:
- XSLT support—expands options that customers can employ to access and transform information in MarkLogic 4.2;
- replication—allows organizations to selectively replicate documents or parts of documents across databases, enhancing disaster recovery solutions and facilitating information sharing in secure or regulated environments;
- database rollback—permits immediately setting the database state at a specified point in time;
- failover—allows servers to automatically take over for a failed hardware server within a cluster;
- distinctive terms—enables return of the most distinctive terms in a document or sequence of nodes; and
- proximity boost—tunes search relevance by boosting scores on documents based on proximity of terms.