Igloo Software has enhanced its enterprise social computing offering through a partnership with TriCipher, which will provide IGLOO community users with a secure way to access online applications using MyOneLogin, which, TriCipher claims, is the first Web-based service to combine strong authentication and single sign-on (SSO).
TriCipher describes MyOneLogin as a software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering designed to reduce risk from employee access to Internet-based applications. The company adds that MyOneLogin provides enterprises with an SSO solution that:
- ensures password compliance for all applications, users and locations;
- eliminates password resets and lock-outs, as well as their associated costs and lost productivity;
- eliminates costly one-time password (OTP) tokens and their annual $100/user costs;
- protects against stolen or phished credentials that enable unauthorized access to critical data; and
- instantly and automatically de-provisions users when they leave organizations.
Igloo reports it offers a secure, easy-to-use corporate social networking suite to businesses of any size, adding that the software improves business performance by reducing the e-mail burden and enhancing collaboration between distributed teams and the growing, mobile work force. Delivered over the Web using a software-as-a-service model, companies can quickly and cost-effectively create social networks to leverage talent, knowledge and relationships across organizational and geographical boundaries.