SharePoint governance automation from AvePoint
AvePoint has released DocAve Governance Automation Service Pac (SP) 4, which supports SharePoint 2013 in hybrid environments. AvePoint claims SP 4 encourages SharePoint adoption by providing users with a role-based, business-centric service catalog for provisioning, moving or restructuring content, as well as lifecycle and permissions management requests.
The company adds the offering proactively enforces auditing, branding, lifecycle management, permissions and storage configurations upon request execution and ensures that all actions or changes to the SharePoint environment fall within the organization’s defined SharePoint governance policies.
Key updates within DocAve Governance Automation SP 4 include:
- Support for Microsoft SharePoint 2013 hybrid deployments--permissions management, provisioning and lifecycle management, and content management for both multitenant and dedicated SharePoint Online instances;
- Request questionnaire--gather information on users’ specific business purposes for a service request to ensure that they are guided to the appropriate request forms based on their business needs;
- Site recertification--automatically assign a task to site collection business owners for recertification of user permissions to each site or site collection throughout its lifecycle;
- Policy enforcer--ensure all newly provisioned and existing sites remain within policy and under control by monitoring sites around the clock, automatically adjusting settings and configurations across environments by applying rules and profiles offered by DocAve Policy enforcer;
- Temporary permissions--assign users with custom or temporary permission levels during site and site collection provisioning and automatically remove permission on a set expiration date; and
- Extensibility and customization--extend governance policies beyond SharePoint by integrating with existing IT service management systems or by automating the approval process with third-party workflow.