Raising the bar for the Web experience
Ektron has released Version 8.6 of its Web content and digital experience management platform and introduced two new products: Ektron Digital Experience Hub and Ektron Cloud Manager.
The company says V. 8.6 is a significant upgrade designed to improve content creation and management experience for authors, developers and designers. Highlights include:
- simplified content authoring—new support for an HTML5-based editor;
- improved support for mobile devices—content creators can dynamically resize images based on device screen size;
- content synchronization—eSync enhancements ensure dependent files are simultaneously synchronized with associated content;
- improved search performance—integration with Microsoft Search Server, Microsoft FAST and other search engines to be used through a provider model, and
- greater support for URL redirects—improved search engine optimization ensures visitors can find site content, even when pages are deleted or moved.
Ektron says its new Digital Experience Hub promises delivery of comprehensive, personalized experiences across websites, mobile devices and social networks. It emphasizes the following features:
- pre-built integration into enterprise systems, including connectors for Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics, Marketo and SharePoint;
- automated form publishing;
- unified customer experience management and marketing campaign optimization; and
- Microsoft SharePoint support.
Ektron Cloud Manager allows customers to launch websites and marketing campaigns in the cloud. Ektron touts the following features:
- wizard-based cloud provisioning—enables authoring of site content within an on-premise environment for deployment to a cloud-based platform,
- hybrid deployment—allows mixing and matching cloud instances with traditional on-premise Ektron deployments,
- increased performance—users can configure optimal server environment and location for maximum performance, and
- cloud platform support—Microsoft Windows Azure and Amazon EC2.