Prizm Content Connect for SharePoint from Accusoft
Accusoft has released Prizm Content Connect for SharePoint Version 2.0, which has been designed for quick and easy integration, extended file format viewing and permissions control for non-Microsoft files, according to Accusoft. Further, it says, it offers a more seamless and efficient experience for users, while also making it easier to implement on the back end.
The company reports native SharePoint viewing allows V. 2.0 users to open non-Microsoft files directly in their browser, without the need to download the document or other applications. The company says this capability provides a consistent experience while simplifying the process of viewing and editing documents.
Accusoft highlights the following features:
- interactive preview—users can preview documents in the SharePoint repository, supporting dozens of file types, including non-Microsoft formats;
- download prevention—SharePoint administrators can now control who has permission to download documents from the repository, and users who have “view only” access can be prevented from downloading files to their desktop;
- control for interacting with MS Office apps—PCC and ACS for SharePoint allows administrators to specify by file type which application can view or edit documents of that file type;
- PDF downloads of marked-up documents—users can redact, e-sign, add text and highlights to a document and then download that document as a PDF to their desktop; and
- customized viewer functionality—using custom SharePoint permissions, admins can control which viewer tools a user or group of users has access to in PCC and ACS, allowing viewer permissions to be applied to documents, folders and libraries.
Companies and Suppliers Mentioned