Pentaho gets even more agile, bigger with data
Pentaho has released Business Analytics 5.0, a completely redesigned data integration and analytics platform. Pentaho 5.0 is said to offer a full spectrum of analytics for big data-driven businesses, regardless of data type and volume, IT architecture or analysis required.
Pentaho 5.0 includes more than 250 new features and improvements. Highlights include:
- more complete analysis—allows analysts to easily blend all data types and immediately report, visualize and explore for greater insights;
- blended at the source—maintains the appropriate level of data governance and security necessary for accurate and reliable analysis;
- just-in time blending—analysts working in distributed, virtualized data environments need accurate, near real-time big data blends for timely and accurate analysis;
- new user console and streamlined user interface —the Pentaho User Console is completely redesigned to significantly improve the user experience, allowing users to easily browse files, create new content, quickly access recent documents, mark “favorites” and more;
- redesigned experience for administrators—easily configure and manage security levels, licensing and servers, resulting in improved efficiency and time to implementation;
- operational reporting for MongoDB—in-depth reporting platform for the widely used NoSQL database.
- custom dashboards—executives and managers can view top-line metrics delivered directly to desktops or mobile devices;
- new integrations include Splunk, Amazon Redshift and Cloudera Impala; certifications include MongoDB, Cassandra, DataStax, Cloudera, Intel, Hortonworks and MapR;
- new support for IT—including job restart, roll back and load balancing; and
- new REST services for third-party application developers—simplified embedding of analytics and reporting into Web-deployed applications delivered as a service.