Organize content in SharePoint 2013
MetaVis Technologies reports Information Manager Enterprise User Edition now supports SharePoint 2013, allowing users to manage data directly from the SharePoint user interface. MetaVis says that with this latest iteration, users can easily and quickly tag, organize and manage data in SharePoint 2013 while still maintaining metadata and permissions. This improves SharePoint 2013 search results and overall user adoption.
Deployed to the SharePoint 2013 or 2010 server, Information Manager Enterprise User Edition empowers any permissioned SharePoint user to bulk copy, upload, download and classify content directly from the SharePoint 2013 or 2010 ribbon. New enhanced options in the product allow users to move as well as copy and paste items and documents between SharePoint farm locations.
Information Manager Enterprise User Edition features include:
- bulk tag/classify--mass-assign metadata values, including the ability to copy values from other columns, content types and items;
- bulk copy/move--selectively copy or move content to another list, site or site collection while retaining or modifying metadata;
- bulk upload--import files from a file share while enriching the content with metadata from file system attributes, folder names or existing SharePoint columns such as managed metadata fields;
- bulk download--single or multi-select content from within SharePoint to download it, including versions and metadata, to your local file share;
- bulk approve--approve and reject multiple documents in a few clicks;
- remap content--move content and metadata into new fields and content types;
- security--tool only provides access to locations or items in which the user has permissions; and
- hide/show features--hide or show specific features based on permission levels.