Nimble, limber capture
ABBYY has released FlexiCapture 9.0, the next generation of its data and document capture platform. The company claims Version 9.0 delivers high-performance extraction of data from documents via a new, flexible and expandable architecture designed to meet the throughput needs of virtually any scope.
Further, ABBYY says, the new architecture provides full compatibility across multiple levels of deployment—from desktop to highly scalable client/server and Web service environments—enabling customers to easily grow their FlexiCapture deployments as their businesses and throughput demands evolve over time. FlexiCapture 9.0 is said to combine intelligent, highly accurate recognition technology, seamless integration, ease of use and multiple deployment scenarios.
New features and enhancements include:
- a highly scalable server-based architecture,
- multilevel document classification,
- enhanced workflow configuration capabilities,
- extensive language support,
- flexible integration via Web service API,
- enhanced processing of invoices and other semi-structured documents, and
- creation of PDFs.