Migrating Google to SharePoint
MetaVis Technologies has debuted Migrator for Google Apps, which allows customers to migrate Google content to either a hosted or on-premise-based SharePoint solution.
MetaVis reports its new offering migrates all content including metadata tags, such as version history and ownership, to Office 365 or SharePoint. Users can classify and organize Google content as they migrate. IT administrators can quickly map Google Document properties such as description, published, created and modified dates, etc. to SharePoint fields. This allows companies to retain critical information required for compliance and e-discovery policies.
MetaVis emphasizes Migrator for Google Apps’ following capabilities:
- migrate Google documents, collections, version histories, comments and metadata to SharePoint and Office 365;
- convert native Google documents (documents, presentations, tables) from the Google format to the Microsoft Office equivalent, txt, pdf, CSV, etc., and upload to SharePoint;
- preserve document created and modified dates;
- map users and permissions when copying content from Google Documents to SharePoint; and
- filter and map file owner attribute.
A free trial of MetaVis Migrator for Google Apps is available for download.