IXIASOFT releases DITA CMS 4.2
Component content management systems provider IXIASOFT has released DITA CMS 4.2, which offers overall improved performance and a greatly enhanced operation speed on most actions, allowing users to work faster and with more accuracy, the company says.
Version 4.2 also includes improved reporting capabilities in DITA CMS 4.2. Even though DITA CMS offered this feature previously, the generation and management of reports has been upgraded and offers a much more intuitive interface and a format that is easily shareable, explains IXIASOFT, adding that these reports can also now be scheduled to run automatically during a specified time period.
DITA CMS 4.2 also offers an improved Dynamic Release Management (DRM) module, whose capabilities include a timesaving synchronization feature with intuitive diff and merge functionality, a tagging feature and a useful snapshot feature.
The new Configurable User Interface feature also contributes to a better user experience. The purpose is to simplify the user interface by customizing the layout both when the DITA CMS starts up and in the various DITA CMS perspectives, allowing menus, options and other interface items to be hidden that users do not need.
Other notable features in DITA CMS 4.2 include:
- updates to the Web Author (including keyref support),
- DITA Open Toolkit 2.1 support,
- DITA 1.3 early tests (DTD compliance),
- more flexibility when working with external taxonomy files,
- better organized Assignments functionality including the ability to add comments and set due dates based on user role, and
- Japanese language support.