ForgeRock enriches digital identities with latest release
ForgeRock, a platform provider of digital identity management solutions, has released the IoT Edge Controller, providing consumer and industrial manufacturers with the ability to deliver trusted identity at the device level.
In this way, “things” can have the same identity capabilities as traditional (customer or employee) identities.
A complete end-to-end security solution for IoT deployments, the IoT Edge Controller runs on smart edge devices, and provides the privacy, integrity, and security required for devices to register as identities in the ForgeRock Identity Platform.
Delivering an open source edge controller allows businesses to include digital identities as part of products and significantly accelerate time-to-market of new IoT solutions.
The IoT Edge Controller is available as open source under the Apache 2.0 License, allowing open source customers and partners to build industry-specific solutions with additional functionality.
Other key features include:
- Secure auto onboarding without human intervention
- Ability to deliver secure ecosystems at the edge and offline
- Self-authentication, as well as attached sensors and services that and retrieve standard OAuth2/OIDC JWT tokens
- Authorization using OAuth 2 device flows for IoT
- SDK provided to accelerate integration
For more information about this release, visit www.forgerock.com.