Digital asset navigation
Endeca for Media & Publishing has debuted its Digital Asset Navigator, a new search and information access solution for media companies, content publishers, advertising agencies and marketing departments. Designed to complement and extract latent value from digital asset management (DAM) initiatives, says Endeca, it provides information access capabilities to explore, find and evaluate images, graphics, audio/video files and other high-value digital assets.Endeca reports that specific features and functionality include:
- search—helps people quickly find items of interest by taking advantage of the latest innovations in information retrieval, including "look ahead" suggestions, spell correction/suggestions, synonyms and compound dimensions;
- guided navigation—encourages exploration and discovery by displaying attributes, characteristics and other metadata such as production type, scene type, location, orientation, etc., as dynamic navigation options, letting users browse large collections of digital assets and refine long lists of search results;
- content spotlighting—promotes relevant related content, low-cost alternatives, tips and more based on a user’s profile, search terms and browse path;
- simple integration with popular DAM, ECM, databases and enterprise applications—streamlines application development and ensures a 360-degree view of relevant information by including content adapters for OpenText Artesia, Interwoven, MediaBeacon, ODBC and JDBC; and
- native security—ensures permission-based access and record-level security to guarantee that users only see what they have the ability to use, reducing legal and compliance costs.