CMS Watch changes name to The Real Story Group
The well-respected, vendor-neutral analyst firm CMS Watch announces it has changed its name to The Real Story Group, a reflection of its long-time tagline, "Get the Real Story."
"The new name better reflects what we've been doing for nearly a decade: covering a variety of content-oriented technologies, while debunking vendor marketing hype and delivering detailed, objective analysis," explains Real Story Group President, Tony Byrne.
The Real Story Group has launched a new research platform at its new Web site, as well as three separate, more targeted service areas tailored to specific audiences. The three service areas are:
- CMS Watch, which concentrates on contemporary Web site and intranet leaders who need the latest information on Web analytics, collaboration, community software and Web content management system technology.
- Enterprise Information Watch, which supports information specialists concerned with digital asset management e-mail archiving, document and records management, portals, component-based publishing, XML, search and related disciplines, and
- SharePoint Watch, which is dedicated to enterprises that are considering either making or expanding an investment in SharePoint.
"We’re changing more than just our name," explains Real Story Group principal, Theresa Regli, "We're providing new, Web-based services to deliver the kinds of specialized expertise our research customers have been asking for, including online access to the latest vendor evaluations." New subscriber services include:
- real-time access to the latest vendor evaluations and comparison charts,
- topic-based advisory papers and Webinars covering industry best practices and emerging trends,
- vendor-free discussion forums where subscribers can share ideas and ask questions of fellow subscribers and Real Story Group analysts, and
- dedicated analyst advisory time with specific discipline and vendor experts.
"Our customers have told us they really value our detailed vendor evaluations when they are selecting tools, but they also want the same candid advice across the entire duration of their technology lifecycles," notes Real Story Group principal, Alan Pelz-Sharpe. "Now we’ll deliver that."