Build your own robust intranet
Adenin Technologies has released Version 10 of its IntelliEnterprise intranet platform. The most recent version adds new capabilities that drastically cut the amount of time needed to design and implement a new or updated intranet.
The company explains that the new Intranet Modeler is a free Web-based application that lets users build a wireframe model of their intranet. Starting with industry-specific templates, the user can drag and drop pages, modules and other components into the model to customize the design for their organization’s needs. Once drafted, the team can share the model with others in the organization for feedback. The fully clickable model lets users navigate around the site as if it were already deployed, allowing them to gain a better understanding of how the layout and structure will work.
Version 10 of IntelliEnterprise also includes many other new features, such as:
- daily digest—users can decide what types of information they want to receive and how often they want to receive e-mails;
- Weblog API—users can publish blog posts or other content directly from Microsoft Word 2007, with images uploaded and handled automatically;
- employee awards—awards given to employees can appear on the intranet home page, as well as be featured on employee profile pages;
- extranet invitations—invite external individuals into community sites and disable access when needed;
- shared content—a library provides a central place to maintain and update images and other files used in multiple places on the intranet;
- image gallery—gallery makes it easy to share photos and other images (a slide show option is included);
- followers/following—user profiles show who the user is connected to, similar to Facebook and Twitter; and
- announcements—each department can have its own announcements.