Attivio for big data
Attivio has released Active Intelligence Engine (AIE) Extreme (XT) Modules for big data, which are designed to provide customers with greater access and contextual insight into the skyrocketing volume of data facing today’s organizations.
AIE XT deploys advanced text analytics, such as entity extraction, key phrase detection, ontology support and sentiment analysis to discover vital business signals from unstructured content such as documents, e-mails, SharePoint, Web content, surveys and call logs. Attivio says AIE's schema-less design integrates those signals with a wide variety of big data sources, including Hadoop, HP Vertica, EMC Greenplum, Oracle Exadata, IBM Netezza and more.
Attivio reports the AIE XT Modules include:
- AIE Recommendation Engine—drives increased online buying and consumption by analyzing behavior to identify items that others who followed a similar path ultimately purchased or read, or to identify relationships based on metadata (genre, author, concepts, people, etc.);
- AIE Classification Engine—adds intelligence to content by automatically categorizing documents according to pre-built classifications or custom models;
- Cloudera connectors package;
- individual Hive, HDFS and Hbase connectors; and
- XT Services & Assessment Pack.