Another boost for BI
LogiXML has released a significant enhancement to its Logi 8 Business Intelligence (BI). Version 8.1 is said to deliver standard BI capabilities along with comprehensive corporate reporting and analysis, ad hoc reporting for non-technical users and other BI data services.
Among the key enhancements are:
- interactive cell bar and color slider features that let users quickly visualize data in report columns on-the-fly, allowing users to see high and low ranges of values at a glance and to easily change the view;
- more flexibility and usability in how report parameters appear when users run ad hoc reports;
- polar/radar charts, useful for cyclical data comparisons, to augment the vast library of chart types in Logi 8;
- detailed event logging;
- full support for building and delivering reports on live data in Microsoft Word;
- improvements to the Logi 8 export to Microsoft Excel feature, allowing users to export images, time and dates, as well as various formulas including totals;
- drill-down and drill-through OLAP capabilities for users to further investigate results;
- ability to easily select multiple OLAP dimensions and measures at once, as well as apply grouping to measures for easier viewing;
- integration of Logi Ad Hoc Reporting with data from Logi Mart; and
- centralized metadata change management that allows organizations to update and synchronize shared reporting objects in the Logi Ad Hoc Reporting metadata.