A winning platform for engineers
Knovel has launched a fully redesigned platform, which the company says offers more precise search results, a simplified user interface, enhanced navigation capabilities and more. The cloud-based solution integrates technical information from more than 100 engineering publishers and societies with analytical and search tools used by engineers.
Knovel reports the platform delivers engineers trusted answers faster, facilitates collaboration among disparate teams and allows for seamless integration with third-party engineering tools, enterprise applications and customer knowledgebases. Knovel highlights the following features and capabilities:
- Improved search includes an intelligent, answer-centric algorithm, combining textual and data searches, as well as the ability to “search within” results and filter results by content types including interactive tables, materials data sheets, conference proceedings and more.
- A new data search wizard offers simplified drag-and-drop features to more precisely search and discover data content.
- The new user interface improves navigation, increases the visibility of interactive tools and clearly displays subscription availability.
- Support for shared folders in My Knovel facilitates collaboration by allowing users to tag members of their work group or student team and share folders with links to saved titles, content and search queries.
- The cloud-based architecture allows for better flexibility, scalability, performance and reach.
- APIs allow for integration into other engineering applications, customer knowledgebases and enterprise software tools.
- Self-service administrative functionalities allow customers to manage their services and subscriptions, and access reports.