SMB content security
Code Green Networks has released the Content Inspection Appliance 1500 (CI-1500) for small and midsize organizations in business and government. Code Green reports the CI-1500 enables IT and security managers to easily monitor content flows, discover data leaks and implement automated policies to prevent them.
The system supports the inspection of content flows and enforces policies in all of the most widely used TCP protocols including SMTP, FTP, HTTP and Web mail. Further, the company reports, it supports protection of structured data and unstructured content in more than 390 different file formats including Microsoft Office documents, CAD drawings, image files, rich media and industry-specific application formats.
The CI-1500 includes integrated support for the Voltage SecureMail Gateway to provide organizations with a comprehensive "protect and secure" solution, says the company. Using an on-board Mail Transfer Agent, this policy-based solution protects information from unauthorized transmission and secures authorized information by automatically encrypting messages prior to transmission. Code Green adds that the system automates compliance with privacy regulations, prevents information leaks and produces a robust audit trail without requiring user training or intervention.
Key features of the CI-1500 Include:
- Deep Content Fingerprinting for superior capacity, accurate detection and fewer false positives in all languages including non-Roman character sets;
- on-board SMTP MTA blocking capability with policy options for re-routing to a secure messaging encryption server such as PGP or Voltage;
- content connectors that enable automatic fingerprinting of content in EMC Documentum and Oracle Stellent content repositories with full use of metadata search attributes;
- flexible policy definition that provides the ability to easily define policies that meet the organization's business needs;
- predefined policy components and Web-based wizards facilitate policy definition; and
- incident and workflow management capabilities that enable the content authority to analyze an incident, take corrective action and close it.