Exalead announces new product line
Exalead has introduced the CloudView family of products, which is slated for availability beginning in Q4 2008. The solutions have evolved from the Exalead one:enterprise line with a new architecture designed to better adapt to the scaling requirements of today’s enterprise.
The company believes business users need a new generation of information access systems that bring relevance and context in addressing their information requirements. The industrywide shift to housing data in a large number of silos, which Exalead refers to as "data clouds," creates the demand for information access platforms with better connectivity, interoperability and scalability. As a result, IT executives will have the control they require, but also the adaptability and flexibility to address the needs of the business.
Exalead reports the CloudView product line will offer:
- a fully distributed architecture with centralized administration,
- business-level tuning and management of the search experience,
- ability to extend business intelligence applications to textual search,
- streamlined administration UI for greater use of search tools in the enterprise,
- full traceability within the product,
- WYSIWYG configuration of indexing and search workflows,
- advanced configuration management system (with built-in version control),
- improvements in the relevancy model, and
- provision for additional connectors with simple and advanced APIs for third-party implementations.