Ektron debuts V. 8.5 of its .Net WCM platform
Ektron has unveiled what the company calls the most significant release in its history, which is engineered to enhance developer productivity and enterprise scalability.
The company emphasizes the following enhancements in Version 8.5:
- new interface--a redesigned Workarea interface for enhanced user experience;
- expanded developer API--improved Ektron Framework API is designed to boost developer productivity through a highly consistent and discoverable set of functions and methods;
- three-tier architecture--no Ektron software exists in the Web tier, meaning CIOs and IT architects looking for maximum scalability, reliability and security can now deploy Ektron in a manner consistent with enterprise software deployments;
- .Net 4.0 support--includes support for Microsoft Visual Studio Web Application projects;
- enhanced search capabilities--now based on the Microsoft Search Server, Ektron Site includes faceted navigation, dynamic search relevancy tuning, federated search, automated query suggestions, search analytics reports and more; and
- eSync enhancements--Ektron’s synchronization technology now includes a diagnostic utility to generate a real-time map of an eSync network, providing real-time visibility into a server topology.