Recommind has unveiled Content Delivery for SharePoint (CDS), a new Decisiv Search module for indexing and displaying content of any kind from any location within SharePoint 2010.
Recommind explains that CDS indexes content wherever it is, enabling users to place the content on a SharePoint page by displaying the results of a simple, preconfigured search query. It adds the new module eliminates the need for multiple Web Parts from different vendors, providing a unified view of SharePoint content that simplifies site and page creation, and accelerates design and deployment of SharePoint environments.
Recommind emphasizes the following features of Content Delivery for SharePoint:
- delivery of any enterprise content to SharePoint, from any location;
- unified, consistent display of content through CDS Web Parts;
- easy deployment, configuration and modification of Web Parts without writing code;
- single collection of Web Parts to display enterprise content;
- respect for existing security permissions, ensuring correct access to content from within SharePoint;
- ability for users to adjust presentation of search results for each Web Part; and
- ability to search specifically within a Web Part.