Social computing in a box
Connectbeam introduces Social Computing Appliance Version 2.0, which it describes as the first integrated social bookmarking and social networking applications appliance for plug-and-play deployment and integration into the enterprise environment. Connectbeam further claims Appliance 2.0 helps enterprises add social computing capabilities to their existing IT and business environment to improve information worker productivity and business innovation. Key features of Connectbeam's appliance include:
- collective intelligence discovery--secure collective search toolbar,
- information discovery--social bookmarking and tagging,
- people discovery--social networking,
- expertise location--live profiles, and
- group sharing--project communities.