Siderean Software has introduced Seamark Navigator 4.0, which features new application integration, security and scalability enhancements over previous versions. The company reports the new software gives users the ability to aggregate information from multiple sources regardless of format, navigate it quickly to illuminate previously unseen relationships and "humanize" the information to intuitively access it with the least amount of clicks.
The company outlines the following new features in Siderean Navigator 4.0:
• external search integration with Google's search appliance and Oracle's Secure Enterprise Search;
• role-based security to provide security at the facet level by filtering results based on the source of the information and the role assigned to the user;
• user tagging to enable communities of interest to tag content for easy reference and enhance the navigational experience for all other users;
• information management policies to take full advantage of extraction and taxonomy capabilities;
• facet-based relevancy to enable the user to "boost" a facet, allowing keywords found in that facet to have a higher priority than the same keywords found in another facet;
• usage analytics to help IT managers understand how navigation is used with enterprise applications;
• on-the-fly and dynamic facet creation to launch new facets and to dynamically change search categories in context as users navigate the collection of information;
• 64-bit scalability to manage a large volume of metadata on all structured and unstructured information for precise discovery and retrieval; and
• advanced management to help administrators monitor and adjust navigation policies across the entire network in real time.