SharePoint collaboration for Apple
NewsGator has released what it says is SharePoint’s first native social iPhone client and social computing’s most sophisticated microblogging suite. The iPhone client and a companion client for iPad provide mobile users with direct access to their enterprise social computing environments without the need for a browser, an extra layer of software that can complicate a work session.
As a mobile client for NewsGator Social Sites, the iPhone client accesses all the relevant updates from the user’s colleagues and communities. NewsGator says that for the first time, mobile users can use an iPhone to:
- send status updates, videos and photos to Social Sites;
- comment on and “like” valuable updates;
- see notifications when others comment on or like your updates;
- participate in community discussions;
- target a question to a person or group;
- see the updates that you’re radiating to others;
- view updates from a specific colleague or community; and
- look up contact info for colleagues.
NewsGator will release the native iPad client for Social Sites with all of these capabilities when the new tablet device hits the market this spring.