Exalead upgrades enterprise offering
Exalead has released Version 4.6 of enterprise its search software product, which features several new enhancements that are designed to help organizations easily configure and customize business applications, including hybrid vertical search applications. The company reports all features and enhancements are built into exalead one:enterprise at its three core levels--user, infrastructure and data source--to allow for organic growth in support of organizations’ search and retrieval needs.
The company reports that new features in exalead one:enterprise include:
- an HTML extraction toolkit, which is designed to take advantage of the structural indicators that are already built into HTML pages;
- a push API that provides the ability to push specific content to Exalead’s index and can be used to develop custom connectors with capabilities such as linguistic and semantic processing, metadata management, document conversion and integrated administration;
- an XML front search API that allows enterprises to customize their user interface (UI) with the same level of search features offered in Exalead’s out-of-the-box UI;
- an API specification for alerts that offers the capability to receive search results in an RSS format through any RSS reader--the search query embeds extensions for a number of results, suggested terms and thumbnail content;
- a new enterprise connector for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007; and
- connectors for both EMC Documentum E-Room and EMC Documentum Content Server, offering better management, performance and integration.