New tool for litigatorsCase
Thomson West has announced Case Evaluator on Westlaw, a new research feature that returns only the desired results unique to each query. West is a business within Thomson.
Case Evaluator enables litigators to build a fact base representing the outcomes of comparable cases--including verdicts, awards, relevant medical and expert witness data, and other criteria--and then generate Westlaw reports that can help sharpen legal strategies for the matter at hand.
Thomson West further explains thtat Case Evaluator allows litigators to:
- evaluate potential cases;
- view verdict and settlement trends;
- examine trial court motions and memoranda;
- review appellate briefs, petitions and decisions;
- use medical resources and illustrations; and
- view analysis of experts included in verdicts and settlements, as well as excerpts of their testimony.