OpenText has launched Capture Center, software the company says is designed to capture, digitize and fully index paper documents, forms and faxes, and then move them into virtually any backend system. The new mobile-enabled offering captures data in scanned images and faxes and interprets it using OCR, ICR, IDR, adaptive reading, etc., according to OpenText.
The company says Capture Center:
- improves the quality of data entering an ECM or ERP system through rule-based classification, extraction and verification, and that one-click and manual exception handling further improves accuracy;
- reduces delays and compliance issues by controlling incoming documents and connecting them with transactions as soon as they enter the organization, and transfers inbound documents to frontline workers faster;
- employs robust tools to extract information using a range of data extraction methods: barcode, patch code, optical mark recognition, forms reading, free forms recognition and database-driven recognition;
- integrates with existing multifunctional printers, high-end scanning devices, file system folders, e-mail servers, SharePoint servers and FTP sites as sources for documents, forms and faxes; and
- provides an API to customize and deliver project-specific code at almost any step of the recognition process.