Pentaho is introducing new templates for its Instaview big data discovery application to make it easier for IT to access and analyze big data sources. Beginning with the release of a Twitter template, Pentaho will roll out templates for MongoDB, Amazon Redshift, Google Analytics and Cloudera Impala on a weekly basis for download from the Pentaho site.
Pentaho says Instaview cuts the time it takes for data analysts to discover, visualize and explore large volumes of diverse data. Using a three-step visual process, the Instaview templates enable users to manipulate metadata without having to delve into the complexities of accessing the underlying data.
The company says Instaview templates provide a visual interface to Pentaho Data Integration and give instant access to the following sources:
- Twitter—access large volumes of fast-moving, unstructured data in Twitter feeds to spot trends, make correlations between conversations and better understand customer behavior;
- Mongo DB—analyze large amounts of data in this increasingly popular, scalable, high-performance, open source NoSQL database, often used in gaming and commerce;
- Amazon Redshift—eliminate extensive hand-coding and IT effort to access this cost-effective data warehouse and analyze large volumes of data;
- Google Analytics—visualize and analyze pervasive Web analytics data to spot trends, identify customer website behavior and improve marketing campaign performance; and
- Cloudera Impala—reach Hadoop data without writing a complex batch-oriented MapReduce job to run queries and discover insights in near real time.