Alfresco has introduced sync technology said to extend information life cycle beyond the firewall. The company reports the new capabilities facilitate quick deployment of extranets, permit customer collaboration and simplify employee access with mobile devices, while retaining control of all corporate content.
The company has launched Alfresco One, a subscription bundle that includes:
- Alfresco Enterprise—a complete enterprise content management (ECM) platform;
- Alfresco Enterprise Cloud Network—a secure, corporately controlled SaaS cloud service;
- Alfresco Enterprise Sync—technology that allows employees to select documents and folders from Alfresco Enterprise and sync to Alfresco in the cloud;
- Alfresco Mobile—native iOS apps provide secure access to employees through the device of choice;
- enhanced encryption and security—content is encrypted in the cloud and while being accessed on tablets and smart phones, reducing the risk should a device be lost or stolen; and
- Alfresco Desktop Sync (beta)—ability to sync between files saved to the desktop, cloud site or on-premise solution (general availability due in November).