OpenText has launched a new version of its e-mail management solution that improves support for global deployments. The company says its new release of Email Management for Microsoft Exchange, which is part of the OpenText ECM Suite, enables Global 2000 organizations to work effectively while managing the volume, cost and risks associated with e-mail messages.
OpenText reports that with the new release, it has focused on reducing the overall cost and effort of managing e-mail even for very large global corporations with operations spread across multiple jurisdictions. The solution also is said to improve flexibility in the way records are classified.
To support global operations, the new version has awareness of multiple archive servers that can be located around the world. With that awareness, OpenText says, archived e-mail can be easily moved from a source archive to a destination archive, improving the user experience.
The new version of Email Management for Microsoft Exchange also includes:
- a redesign of the e-mail management assistant,
- improved metadata capture to better support complex and event-driven retention policies
- refined access control to allow archived messages to be based on participants
- general administration improvements and features; an
- support for 64-bit versions of Microsoft Outlook 2010 clients.