Search Technologies has announced new early recognition and sensitive data assessment services that allow customers to fully exploit the entity recognition capabilities of Series 7 of the Google Search Appliance.
Search Technologies says recognition is important to improve the search effectiveness for unmanaged content sources, such as file shares, that lack reliable metadata but contain highly valuable information hidden in large numbers of corporate documents.
Search Technologies reports its Entity Recognition Assessment service helps customers:
- investigate and understand the search environment;
- discover entities in documents with poor or missing metadata (people, products, geo-locations, companies, etc.) and;
- identify and plan for any additional content processing necessary to ensure accurate entity recognition.
Search Technologies says Sensitive Data Assessment helps prevent documents containing sensitive information from being unintentionally propagated through enterprise search by:
- identifying sensitive data risks,
- identifying content sources that may contain sensitive data, and
- evaluating potential points of failure in enterprise search security.