Modeling goes to the cloud
Metastorm has released a cloud-enabled collaborative modeling suite. Metastorm M3 combines the most popular modeling types from Metastorm's enterprise software portfolio and delivers them in the cloud, the company says. It adds that M3 enables an unlimited number of business and IT users to create and provide input into graphical models and to collaborate in real-time to deliver more accurate and effective representations of the organization and desired improvements. The company emphasizes the following capabilities and benefits of Metastorm M3:
- modeling capabilities for 11 different model types: goal, organization, capability, system, process/workflow, activity, rule, project, requirement, location and deliverable, providing 23 modeling objects and viewpoints;
- online collaboration tools to enable model annotation and discussion: chat, whiteboard, model annotation, sharing, recording and playback;
- cloud-enabled, running on Microsoft Windows Azure for full benefits of the Cloud, including scalability, performance, security and elasticity; deployed in either a private Cloud (hosted or on-premise) or in the public cloud;
- built-in modeling guides and real-time help eliminate the need for training or past modeling experience, thus making it ideal for mass deployment; and
- integration to Metastorm's enterprise architecture, business process analysis and business process management software suite.