Metadata governance from Embarcadero
Embarcadero has introduced ER/Studio XE3, which has been architected for data governance strategy. The company reports its new offering improves the customer’s ability to interpret huge amounts of data accurately and is said to give an organization a distinct competitive advantage over those that have yet to fully capture and leverage associated metadata.
The new release includes:
- a universal mapping feature for improved enterprise modeling and impact analysis between physical, logical and conceptual models;
- the ability to create custom data types, allowing comprehensive forward and reverse engineering;
- support for SQL Server 2012, Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum and Windows 8;
- easier support for large model management; and
- a new portal with revised user interface, all new search engine enterprise data dictionaries and deeper model metadata visibility.