PaperThin has released a significant new version of CommonSpot, its Web content management solution. Version 6.0 combines a new user interface with a suite of marketing and development solutions designed to improve Web site effectiveness, improve productivity and help organizations easily adapt to changing demands for better business results. Also new is a community site called "The Commons," where customers and partners can leverage the shared knowledge, expertise and open source code developed by PaperThin and members of the CommonSpot community.
PaperThin reports the release includes:
- brand management, campaign optimization and community-building capabilities that help marketers increase Web site effectiveness and achieve a tangible return on marketing investments;
- an open source application development framework (ADF) and hundreds of APIs that help IT shorten development time by as much as 60 percent, enabling organizations to adapt more quickly to change;
- a user interface and dozens of enhancements that dramatically improve efficiency and productivity for users at every desk, including a customizable personal dashboard, My Content views, saved searches, saved shortcuts, favorites, advanced search, in-context info panes, WYSIWYG pasting, drag and drop, integration with the PaperThin community site and more;
- a new community site where CommonSpot customers and partners can leverage the shared knowledge, expertise and open source code developed by PaperThin and the community; and
- a new suite of free apps that can be downloaded from the community site, including Article Editing, Blog, Calendar, Content Import, Facebook, Forum, Multimedia, Photo Gallery, Portal, Profile and Navigation, etc.