KM for manufacturing
MindTree has launched its knowledge management solution for the manufacturing industry. The company says the offering is designed to help manufacturing organizations systematically collect, manage and execute the numerous ideas and suggestions of their work force to facilitate developing innovative solutions and higher productivity, as well as faster response and delivery times. MindTree highlights the follow key features of the solution:
- Knowledge Repository—providing a central location for storing and accessing data for collaborative content creation and continuous capture of information;
- Idea Management—capturing, evaluating and implementing employee ideas for faster product introductions, improved decision-making and opening new markets;
- Process Data Management—managing process documents for adherence to organizational and industrial standards and company policy;
- Communities—building relationships among people of all levels of the organization to ease knowledge sharing and increase skill development, as a means of improving methods to achieve company goals; and
- Event Management—capturing solutions for significant events that happen within the organization, which will reduce time and eliminate duplication of work when responding to similar situations in the future.