HighQ Solutions has released a new version of Collaborate, its Web-based document management and collaboration platform designed for law firms. The company reports Collaborate 2.3 has more than 40 new features to enhance the documents and tasks modules, as well as general performance and user experience improvements.
Document management highlights include:
- the ability to preview documents online without downloading the original file;
- redesigned documents views with sortable standard metadata columns for “author,” “last modified,” “size” and “versions,” in addition to custom metadata columns;
- new document information page with the ability to see all document metadata and comments;
- a check-in/check-out facility to help control the review and approval process; and
- the ability to assign tasks, disclaimers and send e-mail notifications at the point of upload.
Project and task management capabilities include:
- a redesigned user interface with new features to support legal project management;
- the ability to group and filter tasks by due date, priority, status, assignee or list;
- tasks can now be assigned to multiple users, groups or organizations;
- integration with documents module for easy attachments and task workflow; and
- new task info page with ability to see all task metadata, attachments and comments.
New wiki features include:
- the option to insert a wiki index list for easy page navigation and structure,
- the ability to bulk export multiple wiki pages to one PDF file, and
- improved comparisons for wiki page versions.
Additionally, the built-in rich text edition has been redesigned to improve the user experience, and it now supports iOS 5 devices.