ACOM Solutions has added features to its EZContentManager system said to provide administrators with greater flexibility and control and bring increased operating convenience to users. The company reports EZContentManager is a Web-based document management system that allows companies to centralize corporate files of any type in a single-password-secured data repository, with browser-driven retrieval and distribution engines enabling fast and convenient searching and handling under metadata or full-text search, says ACOM.
New administrative support features in EZContentManager 3.9 include:
- a new layer of security based on document type and metadata (indexed field) values, increasing the amount of security that can be added to a group or user profile as well as what can be accessed through EZContentManager,
- the ability to edit group membership at the user level, aiding administrators in maintaining groups and their associated permissions,
- the ability to "globalize"—make available to all document types—metadata fields that are selection lists;
- the ability to add field constraints to index field values, creating a validation mechanism that assures that the field always contains the correct input; and
- addition of a faxed-document report to Administrative Tools
Enhancements providing increased user efficiency include:
- the ability to retrieve indexed field from a database when manually uploading a document;
- the addition of "move" to the existing cut/copy/paste editing features
- the ability to roll back from a versioned document to the original version, allowing users to view the modification process; and
- the ability to email linked/associated documents in a single outbound message.