Lucid Imagination reports LucidWorks Cloud, a full cloud service version of its LucidWorks Enterprise platform, is being offered as a search-as-a-service product in Microsoft’s Windows Azure Marketplace.
Architected for developers, LucidWorks Cloud is an extensible Solr distribution offering security, abstraction and pre-built connectors for enterprise data sources. Features of LucidWorks Cloud include:
- a user interface designed to make Apache Lucene/Solr innovation easier to consume and more adaptable to change;
- independent creation and management of multiple search;
- configurable index and query settings, fields, stop words and synonyms for each collection;
- built-in support for Hadoop, SharePoint and traditional online content types;
- an open connector framework available to customize access to other data sources;
- a REST API to automate and integrate search as a service with an application;
- dashboard for infrastructure administration, monitoring and reporting; and
- 24x7 monitoring by Lucid Development Operations ensuring minimum downtime.
LucidWorks Cloud search as a service is available from Lucid Imagination, the Microsoft’s Windows Azure Marketplace and from the Windows Azure site.