Yokogawa Electric, headquartered in Tokyo, sought a component content management (CCM) solution that would help it increase global sales by speeding high-quality technical content to market simultaneously in both Japanese and English. It chose the SDL Trisoft Component Content Management System.
Shinichi Fukuyama, DITA development group manager at Yokogawa Electric, explains, "To expand and accelerate our global business, the ability to address changes ahead of our competitors is crucial. By providing customers with content in the language, the media and at the moment they choose, we expect to see an increase in satisfaction among our global customers.”
SDL says that Yokogama chose its CCM system because it:
- meets the DITA 1.2 XML standard for managing technical information in reusable topics;
- enables complex version control of documents;
- easily displays differences between document versions;
- offers easy workflow customization; and
- integrates with SDL language services, providing high-quality, cost-effective translations due to a well-established quality management system.
Yokogawa reports it is now considering the localization of its product and technical documentation in additional languages to fully leverage the SDL solution.